A FAT BIKE RACE IN BEAUTIFUL WOODSTOCK, VERMONT ON A LONG, CIRCUITOUS, EPIC COURSE!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2017
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE WOODSTOCK INN & RESORT’S
WOODSTOCK NORDIC CENTER (at the Woodstock Country Club)
76 SOUTH STREET, WOODSTOCK, VT 05091
REGISTRATION OPENS AT 8 AM
MEN’S RACE: 10 AM START
WOMEN’S RACE: 10:05 AM START
ENTRY FEE: $45 (includes post-race lunch)
(200 RIDER FIELD LIMIT SO REGISTER EARLY!)
PLEASE NOTE: This fat bike race will happen regardless of weather conditions. Due to the Woodstock Nordic Center’s outstanding grooming capabilities, we can pretty much guarantee some level of rideability regardless of whether we have icy, powdery or straight up blizzard conditions, so do plan on making it!
Don’t have a fat bike yet? Just rent one from the Woodstock Nordic Center (contact them in advance to reserve your bike):
Not really into racing fat bikes, NO PROBLEM, just enter as a FATSTOCK Participant and come for the day, cheer on the racers, ride the epic course and all the other trails, have an awesome lunch at enjoy a beverage or two with your fellow fat bikers!
AFTER THE RACE, SIT BY THE FIRE IN THE FAIRWAY GRILLE AND ENJOY YOUR POST-RACE LUNCH CATERED BY THE WOODSTOCK INN & RESORT (INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE)! WE’LL HAVE CRAFT BEER ON TAP AND WINE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AS WELL!
Great fat bike racing action!
Keep up with all race updates via FB:
1) Is a fat bike required to race or can I race a mountain bike? Fat bikes are recommended to help preserve the integrity of the nordic skiing trails on which we’ll be racing. Also, a plus size mtb with at least a 3″ tire is fine, but beware of the lack of float.
2) Will there be technical support there? Yes, race sponsor Woodstock Sports will be there to help with any mechanical issues.
3) Do I need a racing license to compete? Nope, this is an open race.
4) What will the course be like? The course will be a long, circuitous, epic circuit comprised of groomed nordic ski trails with some single track thrown in here and there for good measure. The race will be approximately 12 miles in length with 2500 feet of elevation gain for both men and women.
5) Will there be professional timing? No, but we will have volunteer timers taking down mt. bike-style numbers for results.
6) Will the clubhouse be open for changing and bathrooms? Yes, the clubhouse will be open not only for bathrooms and changing, but we’ll also be serving the post-race lunch (included in your entry fee) in the awesome Fairway Grille restaurant area.
7) Will there be vegetarian and gluten free options for lunch? Yes, we’ll have a veggie/GF soup or chili option for sure.
8) Will there be beer available? Yes, there will be local craft beer and wine available for purchase at the Fairway Grille bar.
9) Will there be prizes? Yes, we’ll have awards during the post-race lunch and locally-produced prizes for the podium finishers in the men’s and women’s races.